Friday, May 30, 2014

Just add Watercolour

Entering another challenge on the Just Add Ink site, this time, it is - just add water colour.

Using water colour paper I painted a rough background, blue sky at the top and green hills at the bottom. Then I stamped a tree skeleton and added leaves using a maker pen so that I could spread the colour with water and my brush. Next I stamped grass and small flowers, again spreading the colour. I added some colour to the hill to imitate a crop growing.Then created the hedge using a tall flower head stamp, stamped sideways several times. I spread the hedge colour with my brush and then add a little more colour for the green of the paddock. Finally I hand drew a few birds.

Cardstock: SU Gumball Green and Whisper White
Stamps: Image - Art Impressions    Sentiment: SU
Paper: DCWV
Ribbon: From stash

Monday, May 5, 2014

JAI challenge

Saw this lovely photo on the Just Add Ink blogspot and was inspired to play along.

I love the gold chevrons with the blue and pink and have tried to capture these in my project. I have made a gift bag using the Chevron background stamp. I stamped it on vellum with gold metallic encore and embossed it with a mixture of clear and gold glitter embossing powder ( very hard to show on the photograph). It was then cut to size and adhered to the front of the bag. The tag was punched using the scallop tag topper punch and dressed with a doily. Over this I added Stippled Blossom blooms, stamped in Pink Pirouette and Strawberry Slush. Just a die cut leaf flourish (Fancy That die) and a Papillon Potpourri butterfly to finish it off. The tag was then adhered to the front of the bag which in turn was topped of with a doily and satin ribbon.

All products used are by Stampin' Up!, unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Mother's Day box card

 Here is the card I have made for my Mum. No need to worry, she does not read this blog, so the surprise is safe.

All products used are Stampin" Up! unless otherwise stated.

I used Crumb Cake for the contruction of the box. Then I stamped the Hardwood background stamp on to more Crumb cake card stock and cut it into strips and used the hexagon punch to shape the end to a point for fence panels. Next I added some grass (MFT die) and then a Tree die (Memory Box) cut down and used as a bush on one corner of the box. I punched small flowers in a yellow patterned DST (sorry it is an old one and I can't remember the name).I added a pink centre with a marker and then using a foam pad and an embossing stylus, shaped the flower to give it some texture.

I covered the remaining surface area of the box with the same yellow DSP.

With the base complete I then set about making the flowers, leaves and banner.
The orange/yellow flowers (Delightful Dahlias and Delightful Dahlia additions - Papertrey Ink) were stamped on the same DSP and then coloured using an aqua painter and ink pads. The red flowers were stamped on white card.
 Some of the leaves were stamped (Harvest berries
 - Papertrey Ink).  The others were die cut -
(Layers Leaves - MFT). Glitter (Art Institute ultra fine glitter) and sparkly embellishments (Kaiser) were then added to the flowers before adhering them to the box. The sentiment is also from Papertrey Ink.

The banners were punched using the banner punch from the most recent sale-a-bration catalogue and  ticket duo punch. I used more paper from the same set as the yellow DSP and layered it up on matching cardstock ( with the exception of the orange paper which was from my stash). The banners were adhered to some twine and  for a bit of bling I added a string of crystals.

Finally for the front section, I stamped the sentiment (Stick N' Stamp) on to a die, cut from the Apothecary Accents set. Finishing it off with flowers from the Petite Petals stamped and punched and a leaf (Papertrey ink). In the centre of the flowers is a glittered pearl. I used plain pearls which I covered with glue and then sprinkled with glitter to match the other flowers.

I was very happy with how it turned out. It is now winging it's way to England ready for next Sunday. It would have fitted in an envelope but for extra safety I put it in a sturdy box to protect it.

I hope you have enjoyed today's rather long post.