Monday, February 24, 2014
The first bag uses Stampin' Up! Crisp Cantaloupe 12 x 12 paper from the In Colour DSP stack. The sentiment is from the Perfectly Penned set and the framelit die is from the Apothecary Accents set. I used Memory Box and MFT dies for the design on the front of the bag topped off with a bloom from Prima.
I decorated the front with paper and die cuts from My Minds Eye Hip Hooray range.
The bags measure Imperial 5 3/4" x 2 3/4", Metric 14.6cm x 7.1cm, you will need two sheets of 12 x 12 paper . I reinforced the bottom with a piece of card. For handles I have used ribbon. I measured the size of the handle I wanted, cut the ribbon to length and the stapled each end to a piece of card 3/4" or 2cm square.
On the photo below, you can see the inside of the bag and the top fold. I made 4 cuts (3/4" or 2cm long) on the top fold line where I wanted to position the handles. I then inserted the square piece of card (that the ribbon was attached to) through these cuts. The squares were then firmly attached to the bag. The fold was then secured to the squares and the bag. When finished the fixings are neatly hidden.
I hope this all makes sense, if you are confused or want clarification just leave a comment and I will try to answer your query.