Here is the card I have made for my Mum. No need to worry, she does not read this blog, so the surprise is safe.
All products used are Stampin" Up! unless otherwise stated.
I used Crumb Cake for the contruction of the box. Then I stamped the Hardwood background stamp on to more Crumb cake card stock and cut it into strips and used the hexagon punch to shape the end to a point for fence panels. Next I added some grass (MFT die) and then a Tree die (Memory Box) cut down and used as a bush on one corner of the box. I punched small flowers in a yellow patterned DST (sorry it is an old one and I can't remember the name).I added a pink centre with a marker and then using a foam pad and an embossing stylus, shaped the flower to give it some texture.
I covered the remaining surface area of the box with the same yellow DSP.
With the base complete I then set about making the flowers, leaves and banner.
The orange/yellow flowers (Delightful Dahlias and Delightful Dahlia additions - Papertrey Ink) were stamped on the same DSP and then coloured using an aqua painter and ink pads. The red flowers were stamped on white card.
Some of the leaves were stamped (Harvest berries
- Papertrey Ink). The others were die cut -
The banners were punched using the banner punch from the most recent sale-a-bration catalogue and ticket duo punch. I used more paper from the same set as the yellow DSP and layered it up on matching cardstock ( with the exception of the orange paper which was from my stash). The banners were adhered to some twine and for a bit of bling I added a string of crystals.
Finally for the front section, I stamped the sentiment (Stick N' Stamp) on to a die, cut from the Apothecary Accents set. Finishing it off with flowers from the Petite Petals stamped and punched and a leaf (Papertrey ink). In the centre of the flowers is a glittered pearl. I used plain pearls which I covered with glue and then sprinkled with glitter to match the other flowers.
I was very happy with how it turned out. It is now winging it's way to England ready for next Sunday. It would have fitted in an envelope but for extra safety I put it in a sturdy box to protect it.
I hope you have enjoyed today's rather long post.