Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oops, she's done it again!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who read my blog regularly (hopefully at least 5 of you) you will know that my oldest daughter is accident prone. Well today she decided she would make some delightful goodies for me to take away on a girls weekend I am off on tomorrow - she loves to cook. I had left the house to go to a meeting for work, had just arrived when I got the phone call "Mum, I have sliced through my finger can you come home please". Suffice to say, I dropped everything and headed back to be met at the door by Lauren, with said finger clad in paper towel. I took a quick look, fat and bone were showing so I looked away again just as quick. We went straight off to the Doctor where she had several stitches to close up the gash caused by a blender. This is the girl who is studying for a Uni degree in science but doesn't have the common sense to turn the blender off before she put her fingers in to clean out the sticky mixture. Don't worry girls the bloody mixture has been thrown away and I have cracked the whip and she is now back in the kitchen baking afresh so we won't miss out.



Lauren, bandaged finger and the offending blender.

2 comments:

Judy May said...

Very ouch! Hope your finger heals quickly Lauren. Thanks for your yummy contribution to the weekend!

Christine Blain said...

Oh, GOOD GRIEF!!! Shame Lauren's not studying medicine so you can all get some financial relief on patching up her future injuries. Thanks, Lauren, for the effort you went to for us; much appreciated. Well done, Mum, for coming to the rescue. Yet again. (Gee, that girl looks like her father.)