Saturday, January 4, 2014

Chevrons

For Christmas a lovely friend bought me the Chevron background stamp from Stampin Up! Yesterday I got to have a little play with it. I was very taken with SU's pre made chevron bags and thought I would have a go myself. I always have brown paper bags in the house for lunches, so I used these to make smaller, more delicate looking bags.
I stamped the background and then layered up stamped images from Papertrey Ink Rosie Posie and Rosie Posie additions sets. The dies cut images are from MFT. Sentiment from Flourishes (I think).
I made a matching tag to go with this bag, I used the Rosie Posie stamp again and a sentiment from PTI. The leave die is also PTI cut once in white card and again in Shimmery vellum. I got the idea from here, Debby Hughes makes some fantastic cards and crafty projects. Her personal blog is here.
 For the last bag, I used the tag again (with a bow this time), flowers from my stash and I stamped the PTI large flourish, from the Fancy Flourishes set in Encore silver on the shimmery vellum.


2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Oh, wow! Kerry, I always love looking at bags you've decorated; such a feast for the eyes. These are just beautiful, my friend. xx

Debby Hughes said...

Oh these are just fabulous Kerry! I love the kraft base with all the lovely layers :) Thanks for the link too :)