Saturday, April 5, 2014

Easter Bunnies

 I always make a treat box of some description for my crafting buddies to hold their Easter goodies and this year was no exception. I saw them last night when we went out for dinner and as I knew I probably wouldn't see them again before Easter, I gave them their gifts, so it is safe for me to show them on the blog without spoiling the surprise.
I used the We R Memory Keepers bag maker for the basic package, but I cut the front of the bag separately so that I could run it through my swirly embossing folder to simulate the fur. Doing the front this way also made it easy to add the arms (to carry the basket) by tucking them around the front portion before the bag was stuck together, ensuring they remained firm. I then added die cut oval ears and feet (or paws, whichever you prefer). I made a flap for the front so that I could add a face. The flap is held down by small magnets. I punched out another oval for the mouth and a cute little heart for the nose and then added some large teeth and whiskers. Next, I added a bow tie and a basket of eggs. I punched out the basket shape and then ran it through my basket weave embossing folder. The final touch was to add the eggs. I found some small chip board egg shapes at the scrap store and I intended to paint and decorate them. However, I happened upon some little stickers in the local $2 store and they fitted the chip board shapes exactly.
The packages are filled with Easter treats from Lindt. Yummy!

There is so much inspiration for these bunny bags over the internet that it is hard to pin down just one source of for my bags, however the idea for the arms and the whiskers came from a new die by Paper Trey Ink.

Bow Tie: Beautiful bows - MFT
Basket Punch: Punch Bunch
Basket Weave Embossing folder: Stampin Up
Swirly Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug

2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Absolutely gorgeous works of art, Kerry. Mine brings a smile to my face every time I look at it. Thank you, my friend. xx

Judy May said...

These are really fabulous, Kerry. I love it. Thanks so much for your effort (and the chocolate is pretty yummy too)!