Friday, May 6, 2011

Like Mother Like Daughter

Here is a layout featuring me in the black and white photos and Holly in the coloured one, both of us riding donkeys on the same beach but almost 40 years apart. When I was little, my family would often holiday on the Kent coast not that far from our home in Essex. My Nan and Grandad would come too. One of the highlights for me was a donkey ride on Margate beach. Now with the passage of time the roads are so much better that it was a day trip to take Holly there and when I saw the donkeys again it brought back many happy memories. Holly of course wanted to have a ride like her Mum before her.
When you think about it, those poor donkeys must have been bored stiff with the repetitive nature of their day and having to put up with over enthusiastic kids all day long to boot.

Papers: Kaiser - Chapter one collection and American Crafts - City Park range

1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

I think it's wonderful that these shared experiences have been captured on film, to be preserved by you, my friend. Lovely!