Monday, July 13, 2009

21 Today

Lauren was 21 today. The first two pictures were taken on Saturday when we went out for a meal to Credo in Olinda. Lovely food and great service. You must try the mixed berry and white chocolate steamed pudding. Yummy
This is Lauren and Holly, Holly is still 12 but eagerly awaiting her 13th birthday in October.

This is Lauren, baking her own birthday cake. I offered but she loves to bake. It was lemon sponge with lemon filling and lemon icing covered in dessicated coconut. Surprisingly it wasn't overwhelmingly lemony, just fabulously tangy and fresh. I took some to work today and it got the approval of my workmate


Blowing out her musical candle, which was very out of tune. Kevin took her up to St Kilda today (I had to go to work) to the world's biggest Triathlon shop (don't know how the owners know this) and bought her a wetsuit for her triathlons, Holly gave her money as did other members of the family. Kevin loved all the bikes in there, he has just bought a new one for his racing, not that it has improved his performance much. LOL



2 comments:

Claire said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! Your cake looks fabulous and I can vouch for your fabulous baking after the yummy fudge you made us. I am glad you had a lovely day.

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful family photos, Kerry; lovely memories of Lauren's very special birthday. Can I please order one of those cakes for my birthday??!!! Christine xx